Thursday, July 28, 2011

What I've Learned

Though we've only scratched the surface of parenthood - it's amazing how it changes you the moment your child is born.

Here are some of the things I've learned these past weeks:

  • Being pregnant was really good...being NOT pregnant is great!
  • The instant she was born, our family felt more complete.
  • Diapers are way too expensive.
  • Kids are the best entertainment ever.
  • Sleep is precious.
  • Laziness breeds laziness - the longer you sit around and do nothing, the harder it is to get up.
  • The car is like a sleep machine, while the shower seems to be an alarm clock.
  • Spit-up stains.
  • It is a short distance from normal to claustrophobic when sitting in your house everyday.
  • Life can be lived vicariously through TV.
  • Each moment with your child is precious - even those moments at 3:00am.
  • My selfishness is enormous and surfaces each day.
  • Apparently, I am not in control of everything...and things don't always work out how I want.
  • I now cry like a pubescent 8th grader.
  • I don't remember our lives without our kid...and don't want to.
  • The joy of parenthood is FAR greater than I could have imagined.
  • My heart is capable of more love than I would ever think was possible.
  • More than ever, I can't fathom the love of our God toward us - it is too overwhelming to comprehend.



1 comment:

  1. Diapers are ridiculously expensive, but I wasn't really happy with any other brand but Pampers. I did have Joe in cloth because he was having a reaction to disposibles for a while. Then after six months, back to Pampers.

    The lazy begets lazy thing is totally true.

    ReplyDelete