Sunday, October 23, 2011

4 Months

So my baby is 4 months old.

She's a little tank, but is doing great - weighing in at 16 lbs. 12 oz., 26 inches long, and a huge noggin. Yes, she's at 97% for length and weight, (94% head size - which makes me happy that her head growth is slowing down).  Keira is on par developmentally - alert and active with ever growing neck strength.  While we are trying hard to savor each stage of her, we do look forward to seeing her neck one day.


With or without a neck, she's the most adorable thing you've ever seen in your life.  We have had a few strangers mistake her as a boy recently - but I still think she's ridiculously cute.  Seriously, I keep buying bows and headbands for her, but her head is so darn big they're all too small.  You may be thinking, "Might you try the toddler sizes, Kemp?" I would respond, "I have, and, yes, they are also too small."  I think I know what Charlie Brown's mother felt like.  I'm assuming he didn't wear bows, but he does have that black hat.  Same idea.



Here are some Autumn pictures from our forced family photo shoot the other day...just to prove how darn cute our kid is.


In this one, I imagine she's thinking, "Who are these crazy people?  Seriously.  These people are nuts."























So, yeah.  She's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Ben's head is literally "off the charts" aka 99th percentile.... we'll see what they say at his 6 month appt. but i sure hope it slows down too. However... bigger head, bigger brain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet with the combined powers of crafty and smart between the two of us, we could make her some custom headbows.

    ReplyDelete