Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rapture

Do you ever get the feeling you missed the rapture?  That many people have disappeared and you didn't make the cut.

That definitely happened to me this morning when I pulled into work a few minutes before 9 (which seemed like a perfectly reasonable time to show up for work)...and there was no one there.  Even the receptionist desk was unmanned when I walked by, which gave me a mini-panic attack.

When these things happen, I start to rack my brain to think if there's something serious going on in the world that I missed, which, to be honest, is very plausible.  Then, I wonder if maybe it was the rapture and I've been left behind.


No lie.  As I was typing this, my dear pastor, Mike Minter, popped my head into my office and said, "It's like a ghost-town in here.  Did we miss the rapture?"

I told him I thought the same thing, but that I felt better that he was here.

Phew.  Dodged a bullet there.

1 comment:

  1. I get this feeling all the time. Most of the time when I try to call three or four people in a row with no answer.

    ReplyDelete