Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Country Music

In the past few months, we've been listening to a lot of country music.


Here's the epic problem with country music.  It all fits into one of three categories:

1.  Likable - catchy, fun, charming even.

2.  Obnoxious - annoying, poor grammar, offensive subject-matter, or grinding "vocals" (i.e. "I'm pretty good at drinking beer" - "Lover, Lover, Lover...you don't treat me no good no more")

3.  Sob Story - designed to either make you weep in 3.5 minutes or feel like a monster for not weeping in said 3.5 minutes (i.e. the one about the old guy who has watched his whole family die because he's outlived them.  Major buzz kill.)

Bottom line, for every great country song, there are several bad ones...but that hasn't seemed to stop me from changing the station to country, just to check what's playing, every 20 seconds as I drive anywhere.



What are your favorite country songs?

3 comments:

  1. Tequilla makes her clothes fall off. I laugh every time.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time my wife was telling me how wholesome country music is. Then the "I'm a little drunk and I need you" song came on. The irony did not go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always the monster who is not crying in 3.5 minutes...or 5.3 minutes. I also think roadkill is generally a tad bit humorous, so...

    ReplyDelete