Monday, December 13, 2010

13 Weeks

So we're 13 weeks and Chum is the size of a peach!  I'm definitely hitting the point where I can clearly tell that there's a peach sitting on my bladder and my stomach is continuing to expand (particularly after a big meal, I look pregnant).

Rob and I went to the doctors this morning and were surprised to get another ultrasound - and everything looks good.  Chum is growing and looking like a baby rather than a blob, with a beautifully strong heartbeat.  It was flailing it's arms around and we were able to see it's hands and fingers!  And in true DeGroot form, it wasn't facing the right direction and was being moderately uncooperative again with getting its picture taken...but Chum was better this time than the last.



We're hoping the huge forehead balances out - but it was a emotional experience to see our baby waving at us from in my belly.  So far, everything continues to look good and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment