Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hayley Mills

I often think of questions that I want answers to immediately, but have no real value in life at all.  My mind wanders with random questions so frequently that we used to have a phrase in our house for it, "This is why I need an iPhone."


For instance, I was eating breakfast the other day and Saved By The Bell was on.  Actually, it was Saved By The Bell the junior high version, originally called Good Morning, Miss Bliss.

"I wonder what happened to Hayley Mills?" I wondered.  I bet you were wondering the same thing.

Yes, Hayley Mills.  The child-star of classic Disney movies like The Parent Trap, Summer Magic, and The Trouble with Angels...turned Miss Bliss, the junior high teacher of rascals like Zach Morris and (Samuel) Screech Powers.

Apparently, Hayley has been on a show called Wild At Heart (I think it's British) and has some sporadic film stuff...but has spent much of the past decade in New York, doing Broadway and off-Broadway shows.  She has two sons.  
Another free piece of trivia for you:  Mills married Roy Boulting in 1971 -  he was 33 years her senior.  She was 25 at the time.  Gross.


Just thought you might have wondered yourself.




1 comment:

  1. I grew up watching Hayley Mills and loving the Parent Trap, Summer Magic and Pollyanna. Remember it fondly with my Mom and sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete