Sunday, April 17, 2011

Counting Backwards

We're at 31 weeks and counting down (rather than up).  As people ask, "When are you due?" or "How far along are you?" I keep telling them how long I have left, rather than how far I am.  So that might mean something.

This week, Chum is the size of 4 navel oranges, clustered together, I guess.


She's supposed to be around 3.5 lbs this week - but I'm already pressuring her to be advanced.  I keep thinking that she's probably really big and especially gifted at kicking... that she'll be huge and need to come out early.  Honestly, I don't know how much is just overly optimistic thinking (knowing that I'm sure to be done with this whole pregnancy thing by the time she's ready to come out) or if I'm just exceptionally early at putting too much pressure on her!

She'll be great - but I'm already learning that I have to let her grow, develop, and mature at her own pace - and that I can't pressure cook her any faster.  I have no doubt that she'll be teaching me this for the rest of my life.

Looks like we're beginning the first phases of parenthood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment