Sunday, May 15, 2011

Favorite Things

Walking through the mall with my husband a few weeks ago, I did a double take, stopped in my tracks, and turned around...making a beeline to Starbucks.

What did I see?  It was none other than a sign for the *new* Mocha Coconut Frappuccino!!!  Here's the kicker - this product is NOT new.  No lie, the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino was the featured summer drink at Starbucks the summer of 2001 - yes, 10 years ago.  How do I know this?  Because it was my favorite thing ever - and made such an impression on me that 10 years later I stopped in my tracks to go get one!



This past week was "Happy Hour" at Starbucks, where all Frappuccinos were half off during certain hours of the day.  I went to take advantage of said deal (don't worry, I ordered decaf) and they had these little puppies for customers.  Frappuccino shots.  Marketing genus!



The embarrassing part - I'd already ordered when I grabbed this little guy.  It didn't entice me to buy something - but seemed like a perk for already having purchased my drink.

Yes, it's going to be a good - but expensive - summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment