Thursday, May 5, 2011

Liberty Sign Guy

Okay.

You know the sign holders?  It seems to be a weird new thing to have people sit out and hold signs for stores/restaurants as a means of advertising and/or charity.  But they're everywhere.

However, all sign guys are not created equal.
Weekday afternoons - probably 2ish-6ish (over rush hour) - there is almost always a guy on the corner of Route 7 and Countryside Boulevard who is to die for!

The Liberty Sign Guy.

Complete with the Statue of Liberty muumuu and mask - this guy is incredible!  He dances, waves, spins the sign.  Literally, he brings his own oiled board so he can quasi-break dance and moonwalk at that street corner with his sign.  I look at him often and think, "He must be EXHAUSTED when he's done every afternoon!"  and also, "Where do they even find people to hold the signs?  I would totally be a reference for this guy if I had a stinkin' clue where they come from."


Here's the thing.  Yesterday, I drove by and he wasn't there!!!!  I was legitimately disappointed...but to be honest, this guy has serious sign holding potential.  My hope, amid my disappointment, is that he has found a way to step up the sign holding latter somewhere and has been discovered by some talent agency.

This guy has big skills, but I will miss him.

1 comment:

  1. YES. THAT GUY. I can tell you that he is also generally there by 8:40-8:50 on Wednesdays & Fridays. He is often the highlight of the kids' and my trek to preschool. That is the one light we hope is red.

    ReplyDelete