Friday, May 27, 2011

I Swear We're Clean People...

Yes, we have had mice in the winter.  But truly, we're pretty clean people...despite the evidence around us.

No lie, I'm generally okay with spiders (having been to third world countries where the spiders sleep in your bed with you at night...you get over your achrinaphobia pretty quickly).  But I FREAKED out with this one.  Good thing Rob was at work, because it was a pretty embarrassing sight, me armed with one of Rob's shoes and ant spray.  Ant spray was all we had, so my plan was to spray and startle it, at a height I could reach, and HIT it with the shoe.  Didn't quite work out like I planned, but it's gone.  Not without further freaking out and embarrassing involuntary noises coming from my mouth - but done and done.

It looks small in the pictures, but I assure you - it was BIG.




Then there was this gem:





We live in the stinkin' suburbs.  How the heck did a raccoon get out here?  Dirty creatures.
Rob was there to scare this guy away...which was good, because I googled "how to deal with raccoons."  Word of wisdom in case this ever happens to you - don't google "how to deal with raccoons."  You'll end up more scared than you started out.


Any tips on how to deal with creatures around your house?

2 comments:

  1. We have the most blasé, horse sized raccoons that live in our neighborhood. Kim will go out to shine a light on him and scare him away and he just looks over as if to say " what are you doing in my woods?"

    I have only been super scared by the fox who had horrible mange and who was consequently having seizures in my backyard. Julia was three or four at the time.

    I hate spiders. I had a huge one, like your friend, the size of a fake spider ring, that just came waltzing into my office last year a few days before halloween like he was going to help me out with some paperwork. I screamed like a little girl, ran to security to get them to come kill him. The security guy was laughing he whole way about what a girl I was. Until he saw him. Then he gasped like a little girl. And then killed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maggie - you make me feel a zillion times better. this stupid raccoon just looked at me and rob through the glass with a really obnoxious condescending stare as if to say, "what?"

    truly, it's kind of nice to have someone else affirm your fear with their own - even if it's the security guard who initially laughed. i would've screamed right along with you.

    ReplyDelete