Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Observation

Over a week ago, with great satisfaction I vacuumed up the very last dregs of Christmas tree needles...which is why I was surprised when driving down my parents street last night and had a strange observation.

For some reason, there are a ton of families in my parents' neighborhood who haven't realized that it's the middle of January and still enthusiastically displaying their Christmas lights...reindeers, icicles, and blow up snowmen included.  Not one or two families... seriously, I think I counted 11.
There are about 33 days out of the year I find Christmas lights endearing, but for the other 332ish...in judgement I just think those people are lazy and/or weird.

It felt like there were fewer Christmas lights on houses this year - but for some reason the few houses with their lights have decided to be extra enthusiastic and keep them up for an extra long time...
More power to them, I guess.  I just think it's weird.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think people keep them up longer when it's abnormally cold? I've noticed the same thing in. Our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete