Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scary Stuff

So last night Rob and I sat down to watch a psychological thriller.  I don't usually love scary movies, but I can certainly enjoy a good thinker once in a while...but I have to be in the mood and it has to end nicely (or else I will stay up WAY too late trying to act normal).

Maybe half way through the movie, I heard a noise.  Thinking I was just getting paranoid, I waited a few minutes before asking Rob if he heard it too.

He graciously paused (which I appreciated - rather than telling me there was nothing and that I was just being a big baby).  I swear to you, I could hear a mouse coming from our storage/utility closet.  Rob is the strong man in our house who deals with the rodents as I usually run upstairs to take my place on top of our counters.  He opened the door to the closet and sure enough, in the middle of our movie, we caught a mouse...and it hadn't died yet.

So I ran to my post upstairs while our movie was paused and Rob took care of the mouse.  Honestly, I think the mouse was scarier than the movie - but the combo was lethal.  Just seemed like strange timing.

Also, maybe an encouragement not to watch scary, unedifying movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment