Monday, February 14, 2011

Things I LOVE About My Husband

Valentine's Day snuck up on me this year.  I walked around Target thinking of what I could do for Rob and the reality for me is it's hard to honor your husband on Valentine's Day.  I have a great husband, but the chocolates, flowers, and other romantic stuff appeals way more to me than it does to him.

So, I thought I'd write a list of some of the things I cherish about my husband rather than buying him a box of chocolates I'll either eat or throw away in a month.

Here it goes.

Things I LOVE About My Husband:
1. He goes to work while I'm still sleeping...and never complains.
2. He ALWAYS kisses me good-bye in the mornings (and yes, I'm almost ALWAYS still sleeping).
3. He is a man of integrity.
4. He is generous to a fault.
5. He has impeccable personal hygiene.
6. He's a good speller.
7. He is teachable and consistently striving to honor Christ with his life.
8. He's strong.
9. The safest place I know is in his arms.
10. He is silly with me...and acts like a kid with me.
11. He's as dorky as I am.
12. He took me to Disney World.
13. He makes friends everywhere we go.
14. He thinks he's hilarious and regularly laughs at himself.
15. He is patient with me when I whine, complain, and change my mind a zillion times.
16. He loves our daughter.
17. He loves our families.
18. He supports me 100% - but doesn't let me get carried away.
19. He leads me.
20. He'll "Just Dance" with me.
21. He knows who he is without me.
22. He helps do the dishes and laundry.
23. He ALWAYS gets the door for me and helps me with my coat.  He's a gentleman.
24. He's hospitable - always.
25. He wears glasses, sometimes.
26. Even though we share money, he always pays for me.
27. He's almost never complains.
28. He calls me Sunshine.
29. He thanks God for me when he prays for us every night.
30. We have a ridiculous amount of fun together.


I love you, Robbie.  Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment