Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ladies Love Country Boys

This song so closely articulates my life it's scary...




She grew up in the city in a little subdivision, (check)
Her daddy wore a tie, Momma never fried a chicken, (check)
Ballet, Straight A’s, Most likely to succeed (check...ish - close, but drama and B+s)

They bought her a car after graduation (actually, junior year)
Sent her down south for some higher education (check - Harrisonburg)
Put her on the fast track to a law degree (just to clear the air, I put myself on the fast track...and psych, not law)

Now she’s comin' home to visit
holdin the hand
Of a wild-eyed boy
with a farmer’s tan
(check)
And shes ridin in the middle of his pickup truck (check)
Blarin Charlie Daniels yellin, “Turn it up!”
They raised her up a lady
but there’s one thing they couldn’t avoid
Ladies love country boys
(and check...)







I do love my country boy...
He's a catch.  Flannel, truck, and all.


3 comments:

  1. I snagged myself a little country boy, 8 years ago. :) We never had the pick-up, but an old muscle car that still lives in our garage and comes out on pretty days. So much charm, those country boys... Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to set the record straight, I fried a chicken. And it was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SO cute Kemper. so cute :]

    ReplyDelete