Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's 2011

This year, we celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday - rather than the actual Valentine's Day.  I have a particularly bad reputation with this particular holiday, but somehow maintain the expectation that we should do something to celebrate.

Rob made all the arrangements and I was surprised every step of the way.


Here are some highlights:
1. Rob made me breakfast.  This is significant for a few reasons

  • He doesn't eat breakfast.
  • If Rob were to eat breakfast, he would never eat eggs. 
  • This is the first meal Rob has ever prepared for me... He is always willing to help with anything, he just hasn't ever had the opportunity or confidence in his skill set to make me a meal.








It was DELICIOUS!  Maybe too delicious.  He may have started something here...


2. Errands.  I LOVE running errands and feeling like we have places to go.

3. Cupcake Wars on the Food Network (yes, eating is my favorite thing).  And, Rob watched with me, even adding in helpful comments about the cupcakes and contestants.

4. Romantic candle-light dinner...that Rob MADE!!!  Yes, two meals in one day.  And they were both awesome.  He did a fabulous job!




5. He did all the dishes.

6. Cheesy romantic movie (of my choice) and browine sundaes!

All in all - wonderful day.  I was completely spoiled and loved every minute of it!  I am truly blessed.  And, he followed up by having flowers sent to  my office on the REAL Valentine's Day.  Well done, my friend.  Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment